Course Summary: Data Science & Machine Learning
Our Data Science and Machine Learning evening cohort is a 6 week course.
Decision science is the brains behind big data analytics. It's not a new field; people have been
doing decision science for decades.
In the "old days" data was limited, hence complex algorithms were needed to extract useful insights
from the data. Given the shift in the data paradigm, we no longer need very complex algorithms.
Instead, we need to run simple stuff at scale.
At the end of the day, data science is all about counting smart. In this course, we will learn the
essential skills for modern development, and implement industry standard algorithms on large
datasets. And, all the while, we will keep it simple.
Decision Science is a mix of Computer Science, Statistics, and Management Skills. In this bootcamp,
we will focus on Computer Science (C) and Statistics (S).
Week 1 : Develop Essential Skills
Week 2 : Warm-up
- S: Introduction to Machine Learning
- C: Unix For Data Science
- C: SQL For Data Science
- C: Python Essential Training
Week 3 : Getting Started with Ensemble Methods
- S: Decision Trees
- S: Text Mining: Naive Bayes
- Review Data Aggregation Project
Week 4 : Ensemble Method continued
- S: Ensemble Techniques
- S: Random Forests
- S: Recommendation Engines: Collaborative Filtering
Week 5 : Classical Model
- S: Gradient Boosting Machines (GBM)
- C: Principal Component Analysis
Week 6 : Matching and Graphing
- S: Generalized Linear Models: Linear Regression, Regularization, Logistical Regression
- S: Clustering: Knn, K-Means
- Review Final Class Project
Data Science Learning Objectives
- S: Data Fusion and Fuzzy Matching
- C: Stable Marriage Algorithm
- Summary and Putting it all together
- Data Science Career Counseling
- Use Unix to manipulate data and solve problems in serial and parallel.
- Master basic coding problems typically asked during data science interviews.
- Learn to apply machine learning techniques to solve data-driven problems. And learn the
- Tools used : Python, SciKit, H2o.ai, Skytree.net, SQL, and lastly Linux
- Most Important: Learn to converse with data and keep it simple. Use common
- Drop us a note, to schedule an interview, and see if this course is a good fit for
- April 4 th, 2016 - May 11th, 2016
Tuesday and Thursday: 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Financing Options available with :